1st in Asia in 2018 according to the World Bank's Logistics Performance Index
200 or more shipping lines in Singapore handle one-seventh of the world's container transshipment output
The top 25 global logistics firms, including DHL and Schenker, have regional or global HQs here
Singapore's strategic location and world-class infrastructure have cemented its place as a key logistics centre of our region, if not globally. The pandemic has also ramped up demand for same-day delivery, improved inventory processes, and necessitated more stringent quality checks – all of which perpetuate hiring opportunities in this sector.
Comfortable with complexity
- Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain
- 2 - 3 years experience
- $2,500 - $4,000/month
- A Business Analyst deals with a company's data to either identify problems and/or forecast results. Analysts are also expected to recommend solutions and assist other departments, so the ability to work in a team is vital for this job. Although it is normally an entry-level position, a Business Analyst may take on more varied and complex tasks after some years of experience.
- Diploma in Logistics or Supply Chain
- 3 - 4 years experience
- $3,000 - $4,000/month
- A Logistics Engineer may also be referred to by their specific work portfolio, such as Technical Engineer or Operations Engineer. In logistics, this position requires the engineer to evaluate and suggest improvements to supply chain and logistics systems and sometimes, present and implement them. As they generally manage multiple projects, good time management is a must in this field of work. For Logistic Engineers, promotional opportunities to management-level roles abound.
- Diploma or Degree in Supply Chain or Business
- 2 - 3 years experience
- $2,500 - $3,000/month
- A Procurement Executive's job is to purchase for the company. They source for materials, evaluate suppliers and subcontractors, perform quality checks and maintain records of purchasing. Their position gives them a detailed understanding of the company's supply lines, and their insights lead to more efficient operating procedures. A keen eye for detail and understanding of supply chain logistics are essential for this job.
- Diploma or Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain
- 4 - 5 years of experience
- $5,000 - $6,500/month
- A management-level position answering to C-suite, a Logistics Manager is expected to lead a team to achieve operational targets regarding everything from market share to product quality. Logistics Managers must constantly be on the lookout to streamline, enhance and develop processes to achieve their goals. As companies tend to value industry experience for this position, the work of a Logistics Manager is very much tied to the industry he or she is in and requires technical knowledge of industry trends.