International Civil Organisation (ICAO) estimates that air traffic in the Asia-Pacific region will triple by 2030
Changi Airport Group said that it had more than 6,600 available jobs in May 2022
The aviation sector contributes an estimated 3% of Singapore's GDP
While hiring drives and job fairs have done much to fill frontline positions in the aviation industry, many companies are wary of potential bottlenecks and hence are still looking for talent. These include not only "employer of choice" Changi Airport but the many engineering, logistics, tech and admin companies supported by the industry.
- Diploma, preferably in engineering
- No experience needed
- Technicians play the essential role of maintainence, servicing and overhauling equipment in accordance to specifications. As a starting position, many companies are willing to provide training and promotion opportunities. Aircraft Technicians who perform well will have the opportunity to become Certifying Technicians and a select few may also become Licensed Aircraft Engineers. This position requires meticulousness and selfdiscipline, as well as a sense of responsibility towards the work.
AIR FORCE ENGINEER
- Degree in Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 0-1 year experience
- Working in the RSAF, an Air Force Engineer ensures aircraft and weapon systems are always ready for deployment. Air Force Engineers are expected to work in teams to maintain and prepare aircrafts. They are also tasked to resolve complex engineering issues and spearhead engineering studies to enhance maintenance solutions. The Air Force Engineer career path is under the Military Domain Experts Scheme (MDES) which has its own promotion and development channels.
- Diploma or Degree
- 2-5 years experience
- A Compliance Officer in the aerospace industry is responsible for making sure those in the air and on the ground are safe. They enforce safety regulations and laws and catch flaws or oversights in processes. Aerospace and aviation manufacturers may employ in-house Compliance Officers, or liaison with companies that specialise in this field.
- Masters in Science, Aviation or Engineering
- 3-5 years experience
- Research is vital to the aerospace sector. A Research Associate works in a laboratory environment, conducting tests and formulating models and hypotheses. They constantly strive to visualise and actualise improvements to existing processes, and are characterised by their thirst for discovery and innovation. Self-motivation is very important for a Researcher, whose work involves exploring new ideas and seeking to innovate.